Set amidst swaying palms on nearly ¾ acre prime lagoon site in the heart of ”Old Ponte Vedra” AND within walking distance to the beach, this classic ranch cottage is the ultimate in ”East Coast Cool”! Remodeled in 2015 by top local architect and contractor, this sun-splashed 5 bedroom/4 bath residence embodies a light hearted brand of chic that fits perfectly with PV’s sun, sand, sea and family friendly beach community! The expansive privatized lot, sweeping lagoon views, breezy outdoor porch and fabulous pool setting are the hallmarks of the exterior while crisp neutral décor with colorful pops sets the beachy tone for the fresh interiors! The newly renovated kitchen, open to family, dining and living areas is thoughtfully designed for beach living and entertaining. The floorplan, featuring a private childrens’ or guest wing (3 bedrooms/2 baths), a master wing, and a tucked-away guest suite, lends itself beautifully to family living as well as hosting guests. Just a few of the fine features complementing the interiors are charming knotty pine floors throughout, wood ceilings, top notch steel framed doors, and artfully tiled masonry fireplace. The side courtyard is the perfect place for a special garden or a shady afternoon siesta. Considerable attention was paid to the thoughtful hard scape and landscape design which has added tremendously to the overall appeal both in terms of privacy and sheer natural beauty. It is simply hard to imagine a more perfect setting for living, playing, lounging and entertaining!
In 2016 the owners made several substantial improvements which include:
* Kitchen renovation including center island, appliances, cabinets, opening up the wall between the dining area and the living room
* Design and installation of dining pergola on back patio
* Travertine stone hard scape
* Addition of fireplace with gas starter on porch
* Installation of new windows in the bath room (west wing girl’s bath), bunk room, and family room
* Bunks completely custom built (feature drawers for storage)
* New doors in family room
* Reframing the structure, replacing siding, rewiring and reinsulating a large portion of the west wing and family room
* Major hard scape and landscape project (entire front and back yards)
* Fully fenced back yard and front driveway gates (mostly for catching childrens’ balls and toys…)
* Well for irrigation
* Tankless water heater
* Gas for pool heater, range, outdoor fireplace and grill
* Full invisible yard fence installed
* Baby fence available for pool safety
* Two HVAC zones (east wing unit installed in 2015 and west wing unit installed in 2017)…all work by top notch Environmental Air.
1. Bunk room is small but is included as a bedroom as it does have a closet.
2. Exclusions – Living Room and Master Bedroom drapes, Sonos system and components, TVs in Master, Living and Family Rooms, garage fridge and wine storage.